Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by xiaohu <en...@byobroadcast.com> on 2003/07/22 04:22:23 UTC

ACL Question

I have a simple Slide setup, with just two users plus the root user
defined.  I am using the SlideRealm for authentication.  My question is
as follows:

1. user1 logs into Slide and creates a file under /files, /files/test1

2. user2 logs into Slide, and he can see /files/test1, the file created
by user1.  Why is this?  I did not give user2 any special permissions to
look at other users' files.  How come he can see user1's files?  Is
there a step I am missing when I created /files/test1, to enforce access
control?

Thanks for your help,

xiaohu

Re: ACL Question

Posted by Peder Nordvaller <pe...@vitaminapplications.se>.
Check if user2 has /actions/read permission that is inherited on /files.
Inherited permission means that the user will get /actions/read on all below
nodes (including new ones) as well. Not 100% on it, but you could try to set
a negative permission on newly created files to avoid it.

Sincerely, Peder