Posted to dev@commonsrdf.apache.org by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org> on 2016/05/12 22:45:35 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache CommonsRDF 0.2.0-incubating RC3

Hi,

as discussed on list, I found some spare time during ApacheCon to work on
this. So I am pleased to post a RC3 for CommonsRDF (Incubating)
0.2.0-incubating for a public VOTE.

CommonsRDF 0.2.0-incubating RC3 is available for review at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/commonsrdf/0.2.0-incubating/

Maven artifacts are here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1168/

Details of changes since 0.1.0-incubating are in the release notes:
https://s.apache.org/0.2.0-incubating

RC3 has been built with Maven 3.3.3 and OpenJDK 1.8.0_66-internal on Debian
64 bits.

The source code tagged with 0.2.0-incubating-RC3 refers to
commit 433ffd9da203a86dfceba95765dbf90dc039ef24

KEYS: https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/commonsrdf/KEYS

Please review the release candidate and vote.
This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now

  [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
  [ ] +0 OK, but...
  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
  [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this development drive and also
anyone able to review.

Best

P.S.: Lewis, I added some notes about the release process at
https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf/blob/master/RELEASE-PROCESS.md

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CommonsRDF 0.2.0-incubating RC3

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@redlink.co>.
No, I didn't sorry. I'll send it now.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
wrote:

> FYI, I've just moved the vote to general@incubator:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/Zgvi38zfo1yumzk

This move is confusing. Are you canceling this [VOTE] thread?

It does not seem right to spread a VOTE over more than one ML.

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CommonsRDF 0.2.0-incubating RC3

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Yes, I'm aware of most of those issues, Gary. Thanks to bring them here.
We'll try to address them for the next release.

I'll give some more time to close the vote here; so I'll move the vote to
general@incubator when I'll be back in Europe tomorrow.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Release looks good to me, +1.

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
BTW, my +1 (binding) for releasing 0.2.0-incubating RC3.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
On 13 May 2016 at 14:02, Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> wrote:
> the -source.zip however looks good - so I'll give a vote based on that one.

My vote: +1

Checked:

9ad414e614e22f32597c2bb73e7219b7dbad5a5a
apache-commonsrdf-0.2.0-incubating-source-release.zip

Checked:

Signature
Hashes
LICENSE / NOTICE
RELEASE-NOTES.txt
mvn apache-rat:check
mvn clean install
mvn site
source-release.zip matches git 433ffd9
maven repo: -sources.jar matches zip
maven repo : *.jar filenames match target/*jar

Notes:

Maven repo's commons-rdf-parent-0.2.0-incubating-source-release.zip do
NOT have the same checksum () as the downloaded
apache-commonsrdf-0.2.0-incubating-source-release.zip

stain@biggiebuntu:~/Downloads/mvn/commons-rdf-parent/0.2.0-incubating$
sha1sum commons-rdf-parent-0.2.0-incubating-source-release.zip
e4099bea9fce075e12dc0ace597f236ca1dedf68
commons-rdf-parent-0.2.0-incubating-source-release.zip
stain@biggiebuntu:~/Downloads/mvn/commons-rdf-parent/0.2.0-incubating$
sha1sum ~/Downloads/apache-commonsrdf-0.2.0-incubating-source-release.zip
9ad414e614e22f32597c2bb73e7219b7dbad5a5a
/home/stain/Downloads/apache-commonsrdf-0.2.0-incubating-source-release.zip

.. however the files inside it DO match.

fails:  examples/ mvn clean install (After changing version numbers)

[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] /home/stain/Downloads/apache-commonsrdf-0.2.0-incubating/examples/src/example/UserGuideTest.java:[217,50]
cannot find symbol
  symbol:   variable StandardCharsets
  location: class example.UserGuideTest

I fixed both this and version number in example/ on master.

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1168/org/apache/commons/commons-rdf-api/0.2.0-incubating/commons-rdf-api-0.2.0-incubating-tests.jar
is missing META-INF/LICENSE and META-INF/NOTICE. We should figure out
how to do this in Maven rather than  the src/main/resources/META-INF
approach. Not a blocker for 0.2.0.

Tested with:

Apache Maven 3.3.9 (bb52d8502b132ec0a5a3f4c09453c07478323dc5;
2015-11-10T16:41:47+00:00)
Maven home: /home/stain/software/maven
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre
Default locale: en_GB, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "linux", version: "4.4.0-22-generic", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"

Apache Maven 3.3.9 (bb52d8502b132ec0a5a3f4c09453c07478323dc5;
2015-11-10T16:41:47+00:00)
Maven home: C:\Program Files\apache-maven-3.3.9\bin\..
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_92\jre
Default locale: en_GB, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 10", version: "10.0", arch: "amd64", family: "dos"

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi,

BTW, currently repository.apache.org is down for maintenance, hopefully
it'll get recovered soon.

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 6:02 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Thank you, Sergio!

No problem, both Lewis and myself we were at ApacheCon, so was time to face
this.

> To avoid confusion with multiple RCs I would prefer if the
> dev-dist-area included "-RC3". in its foldername. I've double-checked
> with SVN at revision @13617.

Yes, I forgot that. Yes, reference commit should be r13617, right.

I think it would be confusing to release both -src and -source  - so I
> suggest we only release -source.zip. (It's OK for now that they are
> both in the Maven repo)

Yes, I agree. In r13642 in removed the confusing additional sources. I need
to check the release profile for that.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Thank you, Sergio!

To avoid confusion with multiple RCs I would prefer if the
dev-dist-area included "-RC3". in its foldername. I've double-checked
with SVN at revision @13617.

The -src* files still contain spurious files like release.properties
and pom.xml.releasebackup.

the -source.zip however looks good - so I'll give a vote based on that one.

stain@biggiebuntu:~/Downloads$ md5sum
apache-commonsrdf-0.2.0-incubating-source-release.zip
0518ead88545b44684840f1d7065b375
apache-commonsrdf-0.2.0-incubating-source-release.zip
stain@biggiebuntu:~/Downloads$ sha1sum

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718