Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Bhayana, Sidhant" <si...@igatepatni.com> on 2011/07/20 11:27:25 UTC

Issue sending parameters with the request

Hi,
                I am trying to record a web application using Jmeter-2.4 and I am facing issues in Sending the highlighted parameters with the request. I tried breaking down the string into individual parameters but nothing seems to be working.
Can anyone suggest any possible practice to deal with the multiple strings posted with the requests?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POST http://URL/

POST data:
{"attendanceSelectionModel":{"View":"1","FromDate":"20/07/2011","ToDate":"20/07/2011","OffRoll":false,"Maintain":false,"GT":false,"FSM":false,"LAC":false,"RollCallPercent":false,"LessonByLessonPercent":false,"Sen":false,"RegistrationGroup":true,"AddAdditional":false,"AddAdditionColumn":"Legal Name","RollCallAM":true,"RollCallPM":true,"Mon":true,"Tue":true,"Wed":true,"Thu":true,"Fri":true,"Sat":false,"Sun":false,"Photo":false,"CurrentScreen":"1","SelectedPeriod":"","SomeLearnersOnly":false},"advanceSearchForNonEts":{"SearchIndex":["1"],"SearchAttribute":["1178"],"SearchCondition":["Equal"],"SearchValueList":["RG02"],"SearchConditionText":"","IsBlank":[false],"SortOrder":[],"SortField":[],"ActionPath":"/Attendance/Attendance/AdvanceFilterView/","ParentDiv":""}}

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks & Regards,
Sidhant

________________________________
Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is confidential and proprietary to iGATE Patni and its affiliates and is intended for use only by the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you are requested to delete this e-mail immediately and notify the originator or mailadmin@igatepatni.com. iGATE Patni does not enter into any agreement with any party by e-mail. Any views expressed by an individual do not necessarily reflect the view of iGATE Patni. iGATE Patni is not responsible for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of information provided, through this email. The contents of an attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses, which could damage your own computer system. While iGATE Patni has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening an attachment. To know more about iGATE Patni please visit www.igatepatni.com.

Re: Issue sending parameters with the request

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Did setting 'application/json' content-type fixed the problem? Please give
details, so we all know what worked for you eventually... :D

Regards,
Adrian

Posted by Oliver Lloyd <ol...@hotmail.com>.
OK, hands up, I'm pretty sure now that this is not an issue with the JMeter
Proxy (which is excellent by the way) but a problem with badboy. Bug closed.

RE: Issue sending parameters with the request

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 20 July 2011 16:54, Oliver Lloyd <ol...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> It's not ajax per se, it's json. Ajax is a group of technologies, more of a
> concept really. Json is a format.
>
> Chances are you need to set the content type correctly in the header; I've
> noticed jmeter doesn't do this very well.

Please could you file a bug report, giving details?

RE: Issue sending parameters with the request

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.
Didn't noticed that first time. I believe you may need multi-part post in
this case (when debuging with firefox, you should see if this is the case).
Have you tried this yet? I haven't figure out a way to do multi-part posts
with the xml/rpc sampler, you'll have to try using the http sampler.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Bhayana, Sidhant <

Posted by "Bhayana, Sidhant" <si...@igatepatni.com>.

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi,