Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/27 19:53:26 UTC

Karaf's WebConsole as a web portal for all features?

Hello Karaf team,

I am thinking of tapping to Karaf's webconsole subproject to implement
my feature's specific WebUI.  This way I can reuse most of the
infrastructures like login, rolebase authorization..

is it the right direction?

Thanks

-Dan

Re: Karaf's WebConsole as a web portal for all features?

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
yep, the main logic behind this is provided by pax wicket. IMHO it
depends what you want to do. If it's more a development infrastructure
you want to provide using the webconsole is a very great idea; in case
you would like to create an "own" application it might be better to
consider creating a new application. Pax-Wicket allows you to keep
both side by side. The entire mounting logic, osgi logic, and so forth
is coming from pax-wicket and not the webconsole.

Kind regards,
Andreas

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
Hey Dan,

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lukasz,

So I can just implement my own bundles with all hooks required by
webconsole.  How do you integrate? in term of packaging?  Do i need to

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.
Hey Dan,