Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Dimitar Georgievski <di...@websyn.com> on 2003/04/28 19:56:55 UTC

File formats supported by Lucene

hi,

this is a newbie question. i'm interested to know is Lucene capable of
converting different file formats to text or html?
one of the task should read new files in a given folder, convert them to
text or HTML files and create a summary of the content before the files are
submitted for indexing. can lucene do this?

if the answer is yes could someone please direct me to the location in the
documentation where I can find more about it?  i just had a chance to
briefly browse the documentation and still haven't tried to index files with
it.

thanks,
dimitar

Re: File formats supported by Lucene

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Check the top entries in Lucene FAQ at jGuru.com.
That should answer your question.

Otis