Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Gary Dong <ga...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/06 00:17:20 UTC

How to configure a virtual file system for the search index component?

Hi;

According to the information on the 'Configuring Jackrabbit' page,
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/doc/config.html, it says "An optional virtual
file system component can be specified for the search index as well." Can
anyone show me any example on how to specify a virtual file system for the
search index component?

Re: How to configure a virtual file system for the search index component?

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 6/6/07, Gary Dong <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> According to the information on the 'Configuring Jackrabbit' page,
> http://jackrabbit.apache.org/doc/config.html, it says "An optional virtual
> file system component can be specified for the search index as well." Can
> anyone show me any example on how to specify a virtual file system for the
> search index component?

The configuration mechanism allows you to add a <FileSystem/>
configuration entry within <SearchIndex/>, but unfortunately the only
proper search index implementation in Jackrabbit
(org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex) ignores the
virtual filesystem configuration and always stores the index in the
local filesystem for performance reasons.

BR,

Jukka Zitting