Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Lei Xu <le...@apache.org> on 2018/04/06 18:16:46 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.2 (RC0)

Hi, All

I've created release candidate RC-0 for Apache Hadoop 3.0.2.

Please note: this is an amendment for Apache Hadoop 3.0.1 release to
fix shaded jars in apache maven repository. The codebase of 3.0.2
release is the same as 3.0.1.  New bug fixes will be included in
Apache Hadoop 3.0.3 instead.

The release page is:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hadoop+3.0+Release

New RC is available at: http://home.apache.org/~lei/hadoop-3.0.2-RC0/

The git tag is release-3.0.2-RC0, and the latest commit is
5c141f7c0f24c12cb8704a6ccc1ff8ec991f41ee

The maven artifacts are available at
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1096/

Please try the release, especially, *verify the maven artifacts*, and vote.

The vote will run 5 days, ending 4/11/2018.

Thanks for everyone who helped to spot the error and proposed fixes!

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.2 (RC0)

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lei,

Did you have any luck with deploy?
Could you please post your findings on

--Konstantin

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lei,

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lei,

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lei,

Posted by Lei Xu <le...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
A note to release managers. As discussed in
We are producing release artifacts without sources jars. See e.g.
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-common/3.0.1/
Based on what is staged on Nexus for 3.0.2 (RC0) I see the next release
will not have sources as well.
https://repository.apache.org/#stagingRepositories
I believe this has something to do with maven deployment stage, potentially
maven-source-plugin.
This is similar for all releases now, and I believe it should be fixed.

Thanks,
--Konstantin

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lei Xu <le...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Lei Xu <le...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Lei Xu <le...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ajay Kumar <aj...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Ajay Kumar <aj...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Xiao Chen <xi...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Eddy for the effort!

+1 (binding)

Posted by Xiao Chen <xi...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Eddy for the effort!

+1 (binding)

Posted by Xiao Chen <xi...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Eddy for the effort!

+1 (binding)

Posted by Xiao Chen <xi...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Eddy for the effort!

+1 (binding)

Posted by Yufei Gu <fl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Lei for working on this!

+1 (non-binding)

   - Downloaded the binary tarball and verified the checksum.
   - Started a pseudo cluster inside one docker container
   - Run Resource Manager with Fair Scheduler
   - Verified distributed shell
   - Verified mapreduce pi job
   - Sanity checked RM WebUI

Best,