Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ravi Dodla <Ra...@valtech.com> on 2002/04/09 04:48:38 UTC

Retrieving Project Properties across ant calls

Hello,
I have a build script build-A.xml wholse target A invokes build-B.xml target
B using an AntCall ..

I need to query some project properties which are set by a task in target B
after the target A executes ..

How do I do this .. The problem I am having is that the project properties
set by build-B.xml are not being propagated back to
build-A.xml. Is there a way to do this ..

Thanks
Ravi

Re: Retrieving Project Properties across ant calls

Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.
--- Ravi Dodla <Ra...@valtech.com> wrote:
> I have a build script build-A.xml wholse target A invokes build-B.xml
> target B using an AntCall ..
>
> I need to query some project properties which are set by a task in
> target B after the target A executes ..
>
> How do I do this .. The problem I am having is that the project
> properties set by build-B.xml are not being propagated back to
> build-A.xml. Is there a way to do this ..

You'd need to write the properties that get set by build-B.xml out to a
properties file (using something like <echo> or <propertyfile>), then read
that file in from build-A.xml, using <property file=.../>.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)