Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> on 2004/06/16 16:01:04 UTC

artifact install and deploy

Hi,

The artifact plugin doesn't use the file name send with artifact parameter
for store it in repo (local and remote) but it use data define in pom.
In some case, it's incorrect, for example :
1- the generation of ejb client generate a jar
"artifactId-currentVersion-client.jar" => artifact plugin rename it in repos
to artifactId-currentVersion.jar => same name as ejb jar.
2- if a project redefine the maven.final.name property, artifact plugin will
don't use this new name.

So I think this plugin must use the file name define with artifact parameter
and not the pom values because plugins use already pom values for create
files.

comments?

Emmanuel

Re: artifact install and deploy

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Quoting Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>:

> Hi,
>
> The artifact plugin doesn't use the file name send with artifact parameter
> for store it in repo (local and remote) but it use data define in pom.
> In some case, it's incorrect, for example :
> 1- the generation of ejb client generate a jar
> "artifactId-currentVersion-client.jar" => artifact plugin rename it in repos
> to artifactId-currentVersion.jar => same name as ejb jar.
> 2- if a project redefine the maven.final.name property, artifact plugin will
> don't use this new name.
>
> So I think this plugin must use the file name define with artifact parameter
> and not the pom values because plugins use already pom values for create
> files.

I think the repo needs consistency, so generating from the POM makes sense, and
allows you to do things like modify the version easily because you know which
part of the filename the version is.

Anyway, I'm currently hashing out this exact issue on m2dev.

- Brett