Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Januski, Ken" <kj...@phillynews.com> on 2003/03/14 00:23:11 UTC

Forced to use isapi_redirector.dll and now have problems

Hi,

I know the problem of Tomcat/IIS integration has been a fairly common one on
list but fortunately I've been able to ignore it. Now I'm trying to get a
departed colleague's version of ArcIMS running and that necessitates getting
IIS and Tomcat to cooperate.

After much experimentation, googling and such I've been able to get the
isapi_redirector to work, at least the redirector log no longer complains.
So I have every reason to believe it is working.

But now I get this error: "requested resource /jakarta/isapi_redirector.dll
is not available." Does anyone have any clues as to the cause of this? It
sounds like it needs a context entry in server.xml but that's not mentioned
in any instructions.

I know someone will say go look at the archives. I've tried but I've yet to
find one that works well. If you know of one feel free to point me there.

Thanks

Ken

RE: Forced to use isapi_redirector.dll and now have problems

Posted by Ian Bruseker <ia...@fullcirclesystems.com>.
> But now I get this error: "requested resource
> /jakarta/isapi_redirector.dll
> is not available." Does anyone have any clues as to the cause of this? It
> sounds like it needs a context entry in server.xml but that's not
> mentioned
> in any instructions.

Do you have a virtual directory created in IIS that points to the directory
your isapi_redirector.dll is in?  For example, I have the
isapi_redirector.dll in D:\tomcat\conf\iis\i386\, and I have a virtual
directory in IIS called jakarta that points to that directory.

Ian