Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Nadeem Anjum <na...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/15 16:58:58 UTC

[GSoC] Progress

Hi All,

I have created a web-interface with leaflet:
http://gw76.iu.xsede.org:8080/gsoc/index.html

The user can select a location of his choice by zooming into the map or by
specifying the latitude and longitude and clicking on Show button.

Next, the user can select a few few locations by clicking on the map
between, which he requires multiple paths. On clicking on the "Find Routes"
button, the paths between the selected locations are displayed on the map
as polylines. I have used cloudmade to get the routing data.

Thanks,
Nadeem.

Re: [GSoC] Progress

Posted by Ra myaa <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
 yes, this is indeed good.
a very good start.

I have some suggestions before we finish with this module,
we should discuss this, either with just suresh or maybe even with Dr.
Verma
(i am nto sure if all of the foll are necessary, we may discuss this with
Dr. Verma, and sort of plan a schedule.,
sorry I am one of those ppl who needs a tentative plan)

1. as Suresh mentioned, we want to load cities.
2. can you also display the length/expected time of travel for each route?
3. this is just composing existing functions, but we need multiple
destinations,
    and routs between any two points.
4. we would also need deviations - these are points that could be specified
along the route
    and we sort of just need to add a loop to the route
these are for petrol stations, fast food places, starbucks etc.
if thsi is not time consuing, i think this will make the simulation much
more realistic.

And I have a Question fro Dr. Verma
 I was trying to work out the routine activity theory,
 I could follow the intuition behind it
when the criminal ois on foot using public transportation.
how does hits work when the criminal is driving?

Thanks,
-Ramyaa

Re: [GSoC] Progress

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Nadeem,

Re: [GSoC] Progress

Posted by Nadeem Anjum <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

I have made changes as per the feedback received.

   - We can type in the city name and get the map focused there
   - We have multiple locations and multiple routes between each pair
   - We have numbered markers to distinguish different locations marked by
   the user (between which the user wants multiple routes). These are numbered
   as 1,2,3,etc.
   - Each route is displayed by a different color
   - The Time taken to travel along each route is displayed
   - The distance to be traveled along each route is displayed
   - User can Specify any number of Transit Points in a route, along which
   the route must pass through.
   - The transit points are also numbered, e.g. TP:12, meaning it is a
   transit point along route from Point 1 to Point 2

*Guidelines for running the demo*

   - Type in a City name and Zoom level (Max: 18)
   - Click on "Show City" to display the city
   - Click on "Mark Location" to mark locations between which multiple
   routes are desired
   - If you want to specify transits point along any route, click on "Mark
   Transit Points for Routes" . In the dialog that opens, select the starting
   point and destination point of the route. These are 1, 2, 3 etc., as
   displayed by the numbered markers of the locations. Next Click on the Map
   to any number of transit points
   - If you want to specify transit points along any other route, click on
   "Mark Transit Points for Routes" and repeat the above point.
   - Click on "Find Routes" to display your routes. Note that adding
   transit points is optional. You can directly click on "Find Routes" after
   marking your locations.

Click on this link to try out: http://gw76.iu.xsede.org:8080/gsoc/index.html

Thanks,
Nadeem.