Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by ashili <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2014/03/17 22:50:39 UTC

queuing support and javadocs (newbie)

We are trying to adapt kafka for our project and would appreciate comments on my following questions-thank you

1)where is javadoc for kafka 0.81? This helps me look at availaible API support. Googling (nor kafka wiki) didnt take me to javadoc
2)One of the use cases we are looking at is queuing support where system A(producer) and system B (consumer) would exchange messages under intermittent/constrained/limited network availaibility. From kafka wiki, I understand it supports batching and compression. My specific questions: i)will producer (A) be still be able to write to queue without throwing exceptions when network connection is down or should I handle the network exception b)can some one confirm that the queue is alive and messages on queue are persisted when network connection doesnt exist; c)I assume consumer (B) will be able to retreieve messages if above two (i and ii) conditions are met

Re: queuing support and javadocs (newbie)

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
We don't have java docs yet. However, you can look at the client api at
http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#api

The queue (or the buffer) in the producer client is in-memory only. If
network connection is down, you can keep retrying sending the messages in
the buffer. However, the buffer is finite and may not be able to keep
everything.

Thanks,

Jun