Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/23 07:54:32 UTC

Re: Release killed... RC3 coming soon WAS -> Re: [VOTE] Shall we release hbase-0.20.4 Release Candidate 2 as hbase-0.20.4? (WAS --> Re: [VOTE] Shall we release hbase-0.20.4 Release Candidate 1 as hbase-0.20.4?)

The problem is checked exceptions - translating throwables into
"generic" IOExceptions.  There are some specific exception classes in
hbase, but the problem is with all those unknown and random
exceptions.  Eg: NPEs.

As for this issue, some kind of regression looks like.

-ryan