Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Denis Excoffier <xe...@Denis-Excoffier.org> on 2012/10/08 17:19:58 UTC

consistent error messages (and more)

Hi,

If you want consistent error messages, not like
"invalid character 0x1e" and
"invalid character 0x1F", you will want to apply the patch included
(either Xerces-C-3.1.1 or trunk)

Regards,

Denis Excoffier.

Re: consistent error messages (and more)

Posted by Denis Excoffier <xe...@Denis-Excoffier.org>.
Hi,

Glad for being useful to someone. Thank you.

My patch dated 2012-08-21 (see in the archives of this list) handles
NULs characters gently, instead of doing like if an EOF had been met.
If you were interested, you'll also be interested that NULs found
in system identifiers be reported by a specific error message:
"invalid character 0x{0} in system id"
similar to the one you get in public identifiers:
"invalid character 0x{0} in public id"

Here (attached) is a patch for this (3.1.1). You might also find
useful my patch dated 2012-09-03 about empty public and system
identifiers.

I've also a patch to introduce set/getCreateProcessingInstructionNodes
(similar to set/getCreateCommentNodes), and to introduce
set/getCreateCDATASectionNodes (similar to
set/getCreateEntityReferenceNodes) if you are interested. And a little
patch to avoid incrementing fCurLine when a #xD (with no #xA)
is found within an input file.

Hoping all this (functionality if not patches) will be introduced
in the next formal issue (3.2.0?).

Regards,

Denis Excoffier.

Posted by Alberto Massari <Al...@progress.com>.