Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Peiper <rp...@waca.com> on 2002/06/19 19:15:36 UTC

TomCat4 And ClassNotFound problem

	Hello,

	I am new to the list, as well as the world of Java Development
(really I am an Admin and not a developer, but we have no developers per
se). I am trying to get a canned Java JAR file to run under Tomcat 4 and
RedHat Linux 7.3. Whenever I try to run it I get a ClassnotFound exception.
My only guess is that for some reason my environment settings of some kind
are wrong... Is there a simple java servlet I can install and run to see my
environment settings as the java servlets are seeing them? This way I can
compare and debug, I have checked all the conf files and all seems fine
there.

	Thanks for any help,
	Richard

Re: launch tomcat at start up

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
... but be aware that if you do it this way you'll still have to log in to
whichever user has the files in the startup folder get it to start!

Doing it as a service would be a much better method.

Regards,

Eddie

launch tomcat at start up