Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by MS <m....@verizon.net> on 2004/05/05 18:11:30 UTC

log4j configuration

I downloaded torque and tried out the sample bookstore application.   It works nicely, and I'm excited about using torque.  However, I cannot get the logging statements to go into a file instead of the console.  I searched the mailing-list archives and any online resource I could find, but found no useful information.

Can anyone answer the following for me:

* Which file contains the logging configuration information?   The entries in Torque.properties are ignored.

* Where (i.e. in which java file) is the logging initialized?

Thanks in advance,
MC

Re: log4j configuration

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
MS wrote:

>It's working... thanks!
>
>I added an faq to the wiki so that anyone else facing this problem can
>(hopefully) find the answer much faster than I did.

Excellent - adding the answers you receive to the FAQ is a great way to
contribute.

Thanks,

Scott

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

Re: log4j configuration

Posted by MS <m....@verizon.net>.
It's working... thanks!

Posted by Saravana Kannan <sk...@engr.uky.edu>.
Hi,

Re: log4j configuration

Posted by T E Schmitz <ma...@numerixtechnology.de>.
It is also possible to control Torque's log4j output via your
application's log4j.properties file. I have set up log4j logging for my
application and in my properties file I set the categories:

#category settings
log4j.category.util=WARN
log4j.category.org.apache=WARN
log4j.category.org.apache.torque=DEBUG
log4j.category.org.apache.commons=WARN

Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz

PS: MS, You seem to be using HTML email. Unfortunately, this will make
your emails and therefore mailing list contributions totally unreadable
for others (it means you have to scroll a mile to the right when
browsing the archive). Please, use plain text email for mailing lists.