Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Donal Lafferty <do...@citrix.com> on 2012/10/24 23:30:36 UTC

[DISCUSS] How do I crossreference source and wiki?

Is there a way to cross reference source and corresponding descriptions in the wiki?

Newcomers rely heavily on the wiki to figure out what is going on.  When the wiki falls out of date, it is a real struggle to find out what happened.  Just look at today's mailing list posts. :)

If there were a breadcrumb trail that pointed out which wiki's had to be updated, we'd avoid a lot of support emails and reduce onboarding time.

DL

RE: [DISCUSS] How do I crossreference source and wiki?

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
Is there any standard practices that we can follow?  It sounds like a great idea but how do you keep information fresh and don't end up with broken links as things move around (or move completely to another site like CloudStack wiki has)?

--Alex

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.