Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Emerson Cargnin <em...@tre-sc.gov.br> on 2004/04/01 00:57:41 UTC

Re: >> problem with new 2.04 mod_jk2

As I failed to use mod_jk 1.2.2 or mod_jk 1.2.5 (it looks like doe not
accept apj13) I'm trying to use mod_jk2, but as detailed in mod_jk
documents, I need to re-build apache, is that true???

Suse-9.0-i386/usr/share/apache2/manual/mod_jk2/jk2/installhowto.html

<jk documentation>
Apache 1.3

In the following example Apache-1.3 is installed in /home/apache13/ and
the commands are executed in the jakarta-tomcat-connectors directory.

Apache 1.3 require APR, and if APR has been built with pthread support
and your Apache 1.3 wasn't (general case in Unix platforms) you should :

     * Rebuild Apache 1.3 with pthread support (recommanded)
     * Add the LoadFile /usr/lib/pthread.so in beginning of your httpd.conf

You should also ensure that the linker will be able to locate the apr
shared libraries, libapr.so, and libaprutil.so, make sure they have been
installed in linker search locations.
</jk documentation>

does 1.2.5 version can be used with apache 1.3.28 and tomcat 5??? I
think that it can, but I just can't configure it :(

Any idea or suggestion???