Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lu...@alcatel.pt on 2006/08/01 16:15:10 UTC

Tomcat restart needed

Hi.

In my web application, I have a thread running in the background that
sends emails to the user when some event occurs.
However, yesterday it stopped sending emails. I've checked catalina.out
log and there was no exception in there, apparently it was all ok. So,
I've restarted tomcat and things went back to normal, which means the
thread started to send emails again.

My question is: why did this happen, why was necessary to restart tomcat
to get things right?

Regards,
Luís Amorim

Re: Tomcat restart needed

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Luis,

> My question is: why did this happen, why was necessary to restart tomcat
> to get things right?

This could have happened for lots of reasons. You'll to check your log
files to see if you got any exceptions or anything like that.
Specifically, check your application's log file (if you are using log4j
or anything like that), then the context log created by Tomcat (usually
called either [your-app].log or localhost.log), and then the standard
output log (catalina.out).

Hope that helps,

-chris