Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/30 22:34:58 UTC

maven jar plugin: Manifest Entries?

Hi,

how do I add manifest entries to the generated Jar file? I have tried
various things in the style of

       <plugin>
         <configuration>
           <archive>
             <manifest>
               <manifestEntries>
                 <manifestEntry>
                   <key>Name</key>
                   <value>org/apache/xmlrpc/</value>
                 </manifestEntry>
               </manifestEntries>
             </manifest>
           </archive>
         </configuration>
       </plugin>

none of which seem to be working?

Regards,

Jochen

Re: maven jar plugin: Manifest Entries?

Posted by Man-Chi Leung <ma...@gmail.com>.
this is my pom, it works fine!

<build>
	<plugins>
		<!-- PLUGIN: jar -->
		<plugin>
			<configuration>
				<archive>
					<manifest>
						<!-- Configure this for different project -->
						<mainClass>com.mycompany.app.App</mainClass>
					</manifest>
				</archive>
			</configuration>
		</plugin>

Best Regards,

Manchi Leung

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
It works.  manifestFile is a var under MavenArchiveConfiguration so
it needs to be declared under <archive>

<plugin>
         <configuration>
           <archive>
           <manifestFile>META-INF/MANIFEST.MF</manifestFile>
           </archive>
         </configuration>
</plugin>

MavenArchiveConfiguration
- sachin

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
I've opened MNG-2156 on this.

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
 <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <archive>
            <manifest>
              <manifestFile>/path/to/MANIFEST.MF</manifestFile>
            </manifest>
          </archive>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

According to the documentation, this should work. Is it what you have
in your pom.xml file?

On 3/16/06, Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Adding the following manifestFile element failed to work for me as I
> get the following error..
>
> [INFO] Failed to configure plugin parameters for:
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:2.1-SNAPSHOT
> Cause: Cannot find setter nor field in
> org.apache.maven.archiver.ManifestConfiguration for 'manifestFile'
>
> Is this element no longer supported? If not, then how can I
> accomplish merging an existing manifest in my project with the
> maven generated one?  I'm looking for a replacement for the m1
> manifest override property.
>
> thx
>
> - sachin
>

> On Dec 30, 2005, at 10:32 PM, Alexandre Poitras wrote:
>
> > And I think to add custom entries, you need to write them in a base
> > manifest file wich you specify to be added to the generated manifest
> > file.
> > You just need to add this line to your plugin configuration :
> >
> >             <manifest>
> >               <manifestFile>/path/to/MANIFEST.MF</manifestFile>
> >             </manifest>
> >

> > On 12/30/05, Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> From your example, I am guessing you are looking for a way to specify
> >> the classpath.
> >> If that the case, you work too hard. Maven is all about laziness and
> >> of course it can generate the class path for you :
> >>
> >> <plugins>
> >>       <plugin>
> >>         <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
> >>         <artifactId>maven-jar-plugin</artifactId>
> >>         <configuration>
> >>           <archive>
> >>             <manifest>
> >>               <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
> >>             </manifest>
> >>           </archive>
> >>         </configuration>
> >>       </plugin>
> >>     </plugins>
> >>
> >> Voilà, everything is always in sync with your dependencies. I like
> >> the
> >> magic of Maven :)
> >> I hope it help!

> >> --
> >> Alexandre Poitras
> >> Québec, Canada
> >>

> > --
> > Alexandre Poitras
> > Québec, Canada

Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada

Re: maven jar plugin: Manifest Entries?

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.

--
Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada

Re: maven jar plugin: Manifest Entries?

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
>From your example, I am guessing you are looking for a way to specify
the classpath.
If that the case, you work too hard. Maven is all about laziness and
of course it can generate the class path for you :

<plugins>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <archive>
            <manifest>
              <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
            </manifest>
          </archive>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>

Voilà, everything is always in sync with your dependencies. I like the
magic of Maven :)
I hope it help!

On 12/30/05, Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how do I add manifest entries to the generated Jar file? I have tried
> various things in the style of
>
>        <plugin>
>          <artifactId>maven-jar-plugin</artifactId>
>          <configuration>
>            <archive>
>              <manifest>
>                <manifestEntries>