Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net> on 2012/05/10 03:35:43 UTC

[Mirrors] was (Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 3.4 Released)

On 05/08/2012 06:05 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
> The Apache OpenOffice Podling Project Management Committee is pleased
> to announce the release of Apache OpenOffice 3.4, available on
> Windows, MacOS and Linux.
>
> Downloads are available at: http://download.openoffice.org
>
> The full release announcement can be read here:
> http://www.openoffice.org/news/aoo34.html
>
> Regards,
>
> - The Apache OpenOffice PPMC

Can you please advise where the mirrors page is located? I can't seem to
find it on:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/
or
http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html

Thanks.

Re: [Mirrors] was (Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 3.4 Released)

Posted by NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>.
On 05/11/2012 11:19 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>> I should have remembered that sourceforge always puts the files on it's
>> server. So, from your link I went to:
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/
>> and there they are. :-)
>
> Or, even easier, copy and feed to wget the URLs you find at
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html
>
> Regards,
>    Andrea.

Thanks again. That is indeed much easier. :-)

Gary

Re: [Mirrors] was (Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 3.4 Released)

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>.
On 05/11/2012 10:31 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>> Downloading from a mirror is convenient for me as I can use ftp/wget and
>> limit the download bandwidth.
>
> For the record, you can use wget to download the URL shown on the
> download page and everything will magically work.
>
> At least I can download
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/localized/it/3.4.0/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Linux_x86_install-rpm_it.tar.gz/download
> properly with wget and all options. I just copy the link and feed it to
> wget, then apparently the mirror system does the right thing.
>
> Regards,
>    Andrea.

Thanks Andrea!

I should have remembered that sourceforge always puts the files on it's
server. So, from your link I went to:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/

and there they are. :-)
For me:
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/stable/3.4.0/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Linux_x86_install-deb_en-US.tar.gz/download>

Gary

Re: [Mirrors] was (Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 3.4 Released)

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>.
On 05/11/2012 10:14 AM, NoOp wrote:
> On 05/09/2012 09:36 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>> If you want a different download than for the system you are
>> accessing from, I am not certain what the drill is.  You might need
>> to pick up one of the RC1 downloads from the committer snapshots
>> page.
>>
>> - Dennis
>
> Thanks, found it:
>   http://www.openoffice.org/download/notes.html
>     http://www.openoffice.org/distribution/mirrors/#mirrors
>
> Downloading from a mirror is convenient for me as I can use ftp/wget and
> limit the download bandwidth. A standard web client downloads at full
> bandwidth rate and, as a result, temporarily slows down web access for
> other users on the line.

Never mind. I see that none of the mirrors (that I tested) have been
updated in /stable/ beyond 3.3.0. 3.4 is in /extended/3.4beta on the
extended mirrors & isn't the final release.

Re: [Mirrors] was (Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 3.4 Released)

Posted by NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>.