Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Dmitriy - <di...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/13 22:59:40 UTC

GSOC 2015 report

Hello Maxim.

For three weeks I studied matroska specification (
http://matroska.org/technical/specs/rfc/index.html) espesially  EBML.
I've understood with a large part of it, enough to parse .mkv a file and
retrieve video stream.

Also I studied flv format specification (
http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/flv/pdfs/video_file_format_spec_v10.pdf
).

FLV specification imposes restrictions on the audio stream: this should be
pcm 16 or 8 and not 32 bit encoding, and furthermore with specific sampling
rate (I chose 44100 Hz for testing)

I successfully convert test files and took them as test data for my
converter (see link to files in readme file in github repository).

I was starting to write code and already made the first commit.

P.s. thank for my approval in program

Dmitry Bezheckov.