Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by SG <si...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/16 08:33:02 UTC

[DISCUSS] Remove Druid dependency from Hive

Hello Everyone,The last commits related to druid were around early 2020[1]Since
then the version of Druid used by hive has remained the same 0.17.1[2]Druid
version 0.17.1 has a significant number of CVEs
<https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.druid/druid/0.17.1> associated
with it and some of which allow remote code execution.If no one is
maintaining it or plan to do so in near future, Can we remove it from our
code?Thoughts?-Simhadri[1]
https://github.com/apache/hive/search?o=desc&q=druid&s=committer-date&type=commits
[2]
https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/0033675057a60d0a05a252854455e2b8835e89cc/pom.xml#L127

Re: [DISCUSS] Remove Druid dependency from Hive

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simhadri,

Thanks for starting this discussion Simhadri.

I am cc'ing the user list as well so that we have a better idea if there
are any active users.

Personally I am not that familiar with the Druid module.
* Is it currently broken?
* Do we have active tests?
* Does it need significant effort to update the Druid version?

Best,
Stamatis

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simhadri,