Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by ma...@isg.si on 2013/10/25 12:30:00 UTC

Migrating/managing secondary storages

Thought I'd ask here as well.

I have a CS 4.2 and 4 secondary NFS storages (s1, s2, s3, s4). I'd like to
migrate everything (all the templates, snapshots,…) from s1 and s2 to s3
and s4 and then shutdown s1 & s2. Is there a way to do it via GUI? The only
instructions I found are to stop CloudStack, copy everything from one
secondary storage to another change the references to that secondary
storage in the database to the new secondary storage and restart
cloudstack.

Any first hand experiences/advices on how to do it, what to look out for?

Best regards,

F.

Re: Migrating/managing secondary storages

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
h mailinglists,

There is no maintenance mode for secondary storage at this time. Make
sure no snapshot is being taken or virtual machine is being
instantiated at the time and shutdown the ms. there is no other way at
the time.

(mailinglists is not a very inviting from address to respond to, just
thought I'd mention it)

regards,
Daan