Posted to user@drill.apache.org by 上官正 <sh...@baofoo.com> on 2017/09/27 08:31:17 UTC

How connect to HIVE with LDAP?

Dear ,

     I tried to configure the drill connect to HIVE with LDAP has been more than a month, did not find the relevant blog or video, very desperate, hoping to get your help.
HIVE is the use of Cloudera Express 5.7.2, Hive Metastore using MYSQL Based, hive.server2.authentication using LDAP, how can I do? Thank you very much.

上官正  数据平台部
宝付网络科技(上海)有限公司
Baofoo Internet Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
TEL:021-68819999
FAX:021-68811007
MOB:18816659058
WEB:www.baofoo.com
ADD:上海市浦东新区居里路99号
No.99, Juli Road, Pudong New Area, Shanghai 201203, China

Re: How connect to HIVE with LDAP?

Posted by Arjun kr <ar...@outlook.com>.
Hi,

Did you try setting it up with other authentication enabled  - say PAM authentication. This would help to identify if issue it is related to LDAP authentication. In my understanding , Drill does connect to Hive metastore and hive server 2 authentication may not be relevant here. BTW , what is your hive storage plugin definition ?

Thanks,

Arjun

[cid:_Foxmail.1@1d14b03c-36da-801a-600c-714fc3b81786]