Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org> on 2003/05/23 15:46:09 UTC

[ot] Re: Calling a generated JSP servlet directly

This is off topic from tomcat-dev list. This might be relevant for
tomcat-user, but even seems off-topic for that list.

 > For instance, we'd like to format the content of an HTML-newsmail using
 > a JSP. The formatted content would then be used to create the body of
 > an email.

I really don't understand what the above means. An email is a static piece of
text. (which could included different parts composed of different mimetypes
such as html) Does the above really mean mean obtaining the output of a web
request (specifically a jsp) and constucting an email? In that case the topic
you want to look for would be web services, ala SOAP, XML-RPC, etc. Or does
it mean an email will hit a webserver to pull a jsp page, in which I don't
care since I don't allow any of my email programs to perform any action other
than present static text.

-Tim