Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "James K." <je...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/08 06:09:55 UTC

[users@httpd] content-length of 638451 is larger than configured limit of 524288

"content-length of 638451 is larger than configured
limit of 524288"

I found the above error message in the Apache logs
after receiving a Page Cannot Be Displayed Error in IE
6.0 during an attempted JPG file upload.  I would like
to raise the content-length limit to 2Mb.  However, I
cannot find any Apache 2.0 documentation that
illustrates how to raise the content-length limit.
The LimitRequestBody directive in the context of a
<VirtualHost> section seems to have no effect--the
same error appears.

Is this something I need to configure in Apache, or do
I need to specify some series of header/meta tags in
the HTML document that is accepting the file-content
for upload?  Nothing seems to work.

Now that I've spent over 2 hours searching through
miles of Apache directives, any help on the above
error message and a working sample would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: [users@httpd] content-length of 638451 is larger than configured limit of 524288

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Nick Kew wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, James K. wrote:
>
>> Now that I've spent over 2 hours searching through
>> miles of Apache directives,
>
> That's a good hint you should be looking elsewhere.  The handler or
> script you use for upload - or any libraries involved - would be a
> good start.

I agree with Nick that the problem is likely elsewhere.  But you should
check the LimitRequestBody directive:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#limitrequestbody
just to be sure.

Joshua.