Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "White, Joshua A (HTSC, CASD)" <Jo...@thehartford.com> on 2003/06/26 18:51:57 UTC

referenced files such as images, js and css files seem to randoml y not get downloaded by the users browser

Hello all,

I am proxying through IIS to Tomcat.  I have noticed that referenced files
such as images, js and css files seem to randomly not get downloaded by the
users browser.  Has anyone else had such a problem?  Refreshing the page
usually fixes the problem.

I have cleared users cache and changed IE to check for a new version of the
page every time.  No silver bullet.  I am not sure where to go with this.
Any ideas?

Regards,

Joshua White

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.

Re: referenced files such as images, js and css files seem to randoml y not get downloaded by the users browser

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Some of our users encounter the same problem, but only with GIF and JPEG.
As far as we have been able to determine, it is due to minor version of IE.
 Microsoft seems incapable of releasing minor versions of IE with any sort
of consistency.

That is, in our testing, we encountered things like:

IE Version 6.0.012345678 - works great always

IE Version 6.0.044467899 - doesn't work, has lots of problems

IE Version 6.0.101010101 - works great always

We even encountered differences between the same IE minor version and
whether it was the 128-bit version or not.

In short, we tell our users "upgrade your browser".

John