Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@apache.org> on 2017/02/01 00:24:37 UTC

Re: Review for IGNITE-4436 API to collect list of running SQL queries

Denis,

>> I would make it transparent for the user giving ability to work with
LOCAL queries as well. How difficult is to support this?
I think it not should be very hard, but I will need some help from our SQL
experts.

>> Isn’t the goal of this task to support all SQL queries? Don’t get why
you ask about SqlQuery.
I implemented support for SqlFieldsQuery, but in Ignite we have othre
queries: SqlQuery, ScanQuery, TextQuery....

>>>As for ScanQuery I would do it as a next step.
Well I think we could go this way. If it will be too hard to do it at once.

By the way, how about to include this feature in Ignite1.9?

--
Alexey Kuznetsov

Re: Review for IGNITE-4436 API to collect list of running SQL queries

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
> On Jan 31, 2017, at 4:24 PM, Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Denis,
>
>>> I would make it transparent for the user giving ability to work with
> LOCAL queries as well. How difficult is to support this?
> I think it not should be very hard, but I will need some help from our SQL
> experts.
>
>>> Isn’t the goal of this task to support all SQL queries? Don’t get why
> you ask about SqlQuery.
> I implemented support for SqlFieldsQuery, but in Ignite we have othre
> queries: SqlQuery, ScanQuery, TextQuery….

Shouldn’t the implementation for SqlQueries be the same as for SqlFieldsQueries? Does it requires additional efforts?
I had a feeling that both types of SQL queries will share a single implementation in terms of the APIs you’ve contributed.

> Well I think we could go this way. If it will be too hard to do it at once.
>
> By the way, how about to include this feature in Ignite1.9?

Absolutely, if you can complete it by the time of 1.9 code freeze.

—
Denis