Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Sahar Ebadi <sa...@yuxipacific.com> on 2013/02/13 21:31:15 UTC

OPENNLP suitable for sentence relation extraction?

Hi all,
Does OpenNLP supports relational sentence extraction? not only to extract
tokens and phrase but actually sentences base on the meaning and relation.
 Also is it able to score the sentences according to the relation?
Passing any related docs or links as an example or guide is highly
appreciated!

Thank you!

Re: OPENNLP suitable for sentence relation extraction?

Posted by Jean-Philippe Fauconnier <je...@gmail.com>.
Are you talking about discourse segments detection and discourse
relations extraction ?
(e.g : Narration, Contrast, Evidence, Elaboration, ...). This is a
complex task and a relatively current topic.
I suggest you read the literature on this subject, like (Afantenos,
2010) or (Marcu, 2002) (and many others).

Regards

Afantenos, S., Denis, P., Muller, P., & Danlos, L. (2010). Learning
recursive segments for discourse parsing. /arXiv preprint arXiv:1003.5372/.

Marcu, D., & Echihabi, A. (2002). An unsupervised approach to
recognizing discourse relations. In /Proceedings of the 40th Annual
Meeting on Association for Computational Linguistics/ (pp. 368-375).

Posted by Michael Schmitz <sc...@cs.washington.edu>.
Take a look at Semantic Role Labelling (SRL) in ClearNlp (or another).
 You could also look at Open Information Extraction at the UW.

reverb.cs.washington.edu
ollie.cs.washington.edu

We (UW) have used OpenNLP somewhat.

Peace.  Michael

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Sahar,

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
On 02/13/2013 09:31 PM, Sahar Ebadi wrote:
> oes OpenNLP supports relational sentence extraction? not only to extract
> tokens and phrase but actually sentences base on the meaning and relation.
>   Also is it able to score the sentences according to the relation?
> Passing any related docs or links as an example or guide is highly
> appreciated!

No we do not have any support for this.

Jörn