Posted to user@avro.apache.org by Tim Upthegrove <ti...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/20 20:49:56 UTC

Re: correct way of saving data to file in C++, 1.8.2 api

I have not tested this, but it is possible that you all want the
avro::DataFileWriter<T> templated class.  I believe that class will ensure
the appropriate header information is in the Avro data file, and it has a
write method that takes in data of type T and serializes it, appending that
to the end of the file.  I am not sure what the avro::fileOutputStream
does, but perhaps it does not include the header information that is
expected in the Avro data file format.  The python class referenced in the
original email definitely does expect the header to be in place.  As I
mentioned before, I have not tested this, but I figured I'd throw this out
as a thread to pull on in case anyone was still stick.

Good luck,
Tim Upthegrove