Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sumith augustine <su...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/25 10:49:19 UTC

svn: Valid UTF-8 data followed by invalid UTF-8 sequence

hi all,

i am using subversion 1.1 on debian its working fine till this day, but from
today onwards i am not able to  update  my working copy in my sys, whenever
i enter the command "svn update -q" i get tyhe following msgs

svn: Valid UTF-8 data
(hex: 4b 41 4c 58 63 6f 70 72 65 73 65 6e 74 73)
followed by invalid UTF-8 sequence
(hex: 85 4a 75 6e)

This prob is only  for the working copy in my sys, and all other working
copies in other sys are working fine
what is this due to can any one help me ..

Thanks
with regards
Sumith

Re: svn: Valid UTF-8 data followed by invalid UTF-8 sequence

Posted by Juergen Sachs <ju...@gmx.de>.
I had the same problem.
If I remember correctly, this was a problem, that some files in the directory
where UTF8 encoded, and some are not.
So update each file by it's own work ? Yes it is the problem.
Just convert the files all to the same enconding.
If some files refuse the update on its own, its a different problem.

regards
Juergen