Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by José Moreira <jm...@e-terno.net> on 2002/11/13 19:12:27 UTC

Forms

hello, in my company we use apache+ php + postgre and we spend most of the
time building table-manipulation forms ( for insert,update,delete,etc)

is it possible to ( in cocoon ) create standard actions ( or else) to
manipulate a xml file containing the data to be manipulated like the keys,
key fields and what type of html input to atatch ( text, memo, radio, ... )
and more ...

then we whould have a xml file for every dataset needed in a website and 4
'actions' (insert/view/delete/update)called when the situation demanded ?

thanks in advance, contact me if any question resides,

José Moreira

Re: Forms

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 13.Nov.2002 -- 06:12 PM, Jos? Moreira wrote:
> hello, in my company we use apache+ php + postgre and we spend most of the
> time building table-manipulation forms ( for insert,update,delete,etc)
>
> is it possible to ( in cocoon ) create standard actions ( or else) to
> manipulate a xml file containing the data to be manipulated like the keys,
> key fields and what type of html input to atatch ( text, memo, radio, ... )
> and more ...
>
> then we whould have a xml file for every dataset needed in a website and 4
> 'actions' (insert/view/delete/update)called when the situation demanded ?

Consider yourself lucky, those actions already exist in cocoon. See
the "modular" database actions (docs provide all info).

You need to provide the form and a database description for
that. Since both, form and description, can be cocoon resources, you
could even generate them from your database meta data.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de