Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by Giovanni Tusa <gi...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/30 12:36:01 UTC

ServiceContext in abdera 1.0

Hi all,
some time ago I've implemented an abdera atom server by using the abdera 0.3
incubating release. Now I would like to upgrade my application in order to
use abdera 1.0.
Being not yet an expert with Abdera, I have some doubts.
With abdera-0.3, following some examples found on old posts, I used the
DefaultServiceContext class to construct my own service Context and say to
Abdera how to find my Provider Manager and Target Resolver, in the following
way:

import org.apache.abdera.protocol.server.impl.DefaultServiceContext;

/*
 * Used to define the ProviderManager and TargetResolver for
 * this service
 */
public final class MyOwnServiceContext
  extends DefaultServiceContext {

  public MyOwnServiceContext() {
    this.defaultprovidermanager = MyOwnProviderManager.class.getName();
    this.defaulttargetresolver = MyOwnTargetResolver.class.getName();
  }
}

Then I implemented MyOwnProvider, MyOwnProviderManager (which create an
instance of MyOwnProvider) and MyOwnTargetResolver

Now, the problem with abdera-1.0 is that it seems the DefaultServiceContext
class is no longer supported. How can I update my implementation in order to
achieve the same result (i.e. define a service context and so on)?
Or, which could be an equivalent approach to setup my server?

I am beginning to improve my old application to create a more powerful
server which should go in production, therefore it is very important for me
to start this process with the latest version of abdera.

Any help/suggestion will be very very appreciated.

Many thanks
Giovanni