Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by 周庆发 <qi...@sohu-inc.com> on 2013/04/11 04:39:55 UTC

files in the “spooling” directory only can transfer to sink one by one.

Dear flumeNG development group

why only can the files in the “spooling” directory transfer to sink one
by one? In case there files are very big and growthing real-time,then
other files can not transfer to sink.why thread pool only has one thread
instead of multiple?Could you consider
"Executors.newScheduledThreadPool()" instead of
"Executors.newSingleThreadScheduledExecutor()"? I believe there could be
a good a reason why it was originally designed this way.

Look forward to your reply

Sincerely  yours

qingfa zhou

Re: files in the “spooling” directory only can transfer to sink one by one.

Posted by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com>.
Is this for performance ? I dont think reading multiple files in parallel
which actually help performance. it will most likely hurt it.
-roshan