Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2011/08/19 10:00:19 UTC

[vote] opening Archiva sandbox to other Apache committers

Some other Apache committers have expressed interest in doing some experiments with Archiva, and I thought the most helpful way to enable that would be to open the sandbox to all Apache committers, as some other projects have done.

I believe in general we should have a low barrier to entry for those that can help, and this is one way to enable with that. I'd expect we would vote for them to be Archiva committers if the work is adopted or they want to help with other things.

I'll close this vote after 72h or a majority of committers vote affirmative:

[ ] +1 open the sandbox to all Apache committers
[ ] 0 abstain
[ ] -1

Thanks,
Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: [vote] opening Archiva sandbox to other Apache committers

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Wendy

Posted by Fabrice Bellingard <be...@gmail.com>.
+1

- Fabrice
  bellingard@apache.org
  fabrice.bellingard@sonarsource.com

Posted by James Dumay <jd...@atlassian.com>.
+1 the sandbox is what makes apache awesome

James

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1

2011/8/19 Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>:
> Some other Apache committers have expressed interest in doing some experiments with Archiva, and I thought the most helpful way to enable that would be to open the sandbox to all Apache committers, as some other projects have done.
>
> I believe in general we should have a low barrier to entry for those that can help, and this is one way to enable with that. I'd expect we would vote for them to be Archiva committers if the work is adopted or they want to help with other things.
>
> I'll close this vote after 72h or a majority of committers vote affirmative:
>
> [ ] +1 open the sandbox to all Apache committers
> [ ] 0 abstain
> [ ] -1
>
> Thanks,
> Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter
> brett@apache.org
> http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
> http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

Re: [vote] opening Archiva sandbox to other Apache committers

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
+1

On 2011-08-19 10:00, Brett Porter wrote:
> Some other Apache committers have expressed interest in doing some experiments with Archiva, and I thought the most helpful way to enable that would be to open the sandbox to all Apache committers, as some other projects have done.
>
> I believe in general we should have a low barrier to entry for those that can help, and this is one way to enable with that. I'd expect we would vote for them to be Archiva committers if the work is adopted or they want to help with other things.
>
> I'll close this vote after 72h or a majority of committers vote affirmative:
>
> [ ] +1 open the sandbox to all Apache committers
> [ ] 0 abstain
> [ ] -1
>
> Thanks,
> Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter
> brett@apache.org
> http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
> http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [vote] opening Archiva sandbox to other Apache committers

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
+1 :)

-Deng

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

Regards
JB

On 08/19/2011 10:00 AM, Brett Porter wrote:
> Some other Apache committers have expressed interest in doing some experiments with Archiva, and I thought the most helpful way to enable that would be to open the sandbox to all Apache committers, as some other projects have done.
>
> I believe in general we should have a low barrier to entry for those that can help, and this is one way to enable with that. I'd expect we would vote for them to be Archiva committers if the work is adopted or they want to help with other things.
>
> I'll close this vote after 72h or a majority of committers vote affirmative:
>
> [ ] +1 open the sandbox to all Apache committers
> [ ] 0 abstain
> [ ] -1
>
> Thanks,
> Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter
> brett@apache.org
> http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
> http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [vote] opening Archiva sandbox to other Apache committers

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
This vote has passed with 8 x +1 votes: Brett, Olivier, Jean-Baptiste (not currently a committer), Fabrice, Deng, James, Wendy, Dennis.

I'll look into the permissions.

Cheers,
Brett