Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Joe Smith <st...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/16 01:30:39 UTC

scope="request" attribute in action mapping

When I put scope="request" in action mappings, I got the following
HTTP 500 error.

But if i take it out, then everything is fine. any ideas??

[Servlet Error]-[Cannot find bean logonForm in any scope]:
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find bean logonForm in any
scope

struts-config.xml
=================
<!-- Action Mappings -->
<action-mappings>
   <action name="logonForm" path="/logon" scope="request"
type="com.strutsprojweb.actions.LogonAction">
      <forward name="success" redirect="true" path="/success.jsp"></forward>
  </action>
</action-mappings>

Re: scope="request" attribute in action mapping

Posted by Rick Reumann <st...@reumann.net>.
Joe Smith wrote the following on 8/15/2005 7:30 PM:
> When I put scope="request" in action mappings, I got the following
> HTTP 500 error.
>
> But if i take it out, then everything is fine. any ideas??
>
> [Servlet Error]-[Cannot find bean logonForm in any scope]:
> javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find bean logonForm in any
> scope
>

> struts-config.xml
> =================
> <!-- Action Mappings -->
> <action-mappings>
>    <action name="logonForm" path="/logon" scope="request"
> type="com.strutsprojweb.actions.LogonAction">
>       <forward name="success" redirect="true" path="/success.jsp"></forward>
>   </action>
> </action-mappings>

I bet you also have another mapping that you are calling somewhere along
that puts a logonForm in Session scope?

Where is the actual error occuring?  Are you getting that error on the
page that uses the above action mapping OR on the resulting jsp
(success.jsp) ?

--
Rick

Re: scope="request" attribute in action mapping

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Hard to tell what's going wrong without the full stack trace. Where,
exactly, is the error raised?

L.

--
Laurie Harper