Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by or...@uni-koblenz.de on 2004/09/14 16:43:06 UTC

Jetspeed 1.5 Problems

Hi

We are trying to create a portal for students with jetspeed, but we're
having a couple of problems. We hope you can help.

Problem 1:
----------
If we change the security schema for the Database, Maven does not generate
new SQL files. Is a extra setting or command necessary?

Problem 2:
----------

Changing the permissions for the individual roles has no effect. For
example we created a new role 'Bob', with no permissions. Though when we
logged in as 'Bob' all permissions were still available.

Anybody know why?

Further problems coming soon :)

Cheers

Greg and Resa

Re: Jetspeed 1.5 Problems

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
orchard@uni-koblenz.de wrote:

> Hi
>
> We are trying to create a portal for students with jetspeed, but we're
> having a couple of problems. We hope you can help.
>
> Problem 1:
> ----------
> If we change the security schema for the Database, Maven does not generate
> new SQL files. Is a extra setting or command necessary?

maven torque:sql

the output files go to:

target/classes/sql

> Problem 2:
>
> Changing the permissions for the individual roles has no effect. For
> example we created a new role 'Bob', with no permissions. Though when we
> logged in as 'Bob' all permissions were still available.
>
> Anybody know why?

You can't login with a rolename. Do you mean a new user named 'Bob'?