Posted to user@storm.apache.org by "Nick R. Katsipoulakis" <ni...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/02 20:42:13 UTC

Configuration of logviewer and metrics consumer on Storm cluster

Hello,

I am trying to setup the logviewer service in each node in a storm cluster.
Therefore, I have the following configurations in the storm.yaml files:

nimbus-node:

logviewer.port: 8000
logviewer.childopts: "-Xmx128m"
logviewer.appender.name: "A1"

supervisor-node:

logviewer.port: 8000
logviewer.childops: "-Xmx128m"
logviewer.appender.name: "A1"

Is the above setting correct? When I try to access the URL nimbus-node:8000
from a browser, I receive a page not found message.

Also, I want to use the metrics API, so, I have included the following
lines in every supervisor-node storm.yaml:

topology.metrics.consumer.register:
   - class: "backtype.storm.metrics.LoggingMetricsConsumer"
     parallelism.hint: 1

Will this guarantee the accumulation of the metrics I have defined in my
topology?

Thank you,
Nick

--