Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by "Cruceta, Sergio (Sergio)" <sc...@lucent.com> on 2000/02/28 17:36:30 UTC

Getting binaries for Solaris 2.6 and CC 5.0

Hi everybody,

I would like to know if someone can send me the binaries of Xerces for
Solaris 2.6 and CC 5.0. (version 1.0.1 it's right and 1.1.0 perfect)
I followed the script published by Eric Yankowitz in the mailing-list, and
finallly I got my binaries (It sounds great, isn't it?),
but when I tried to compile the samples, the compiler didn't find some
instantiated templates (if you really need more details I can send you
them).
I suppose It's a problem of my binaries and, of course, it's easier to get
other properly generated.

Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

> Best regards,
>
> Sergio Cruceta Gómez
> Lucent Technologies O
> m I c r o e l e c t r o n I c s   g r o u p

Pol. Ind. Tres Cantos Zona Oeste, s/n
28760 Tres Cantos (Madrid)
*    +34 91 807 1272
*  +34 91 807 1126
*   mailto:scg@lucent.com

RE: Sun CC 5.0 support in xerces C

Posted by Linda Derezinski <li...@interfacecontrol.com>.
The complete instructions are at: http://xml.apache.org/cvs.html

Put yourself in the directory you want the xml-xerces directory created
then:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@xml.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
password: anoncvs

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@xml.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
checkout xml-xerces

Linda Derezinski
Interface & Control Systems

Sun CC 5.0 support in xerces C

Re: Getting binaries for Solaris 2.6 and CC 5.0

Posted by "David A. Lee" <da...@calldei.com>.
Thanks !!!
I'd be willing to help on this also.   I cannot really endorse XERCES
in our product (as I really want to do)
unless we can have a clean build with each new release without
resorting to unsupported patches of the sort below ....

Anything I can do to help get this in 'officially' ?
I have a Solaris 7 (2.7) with CC5.0 (SunWorkshop)
and can provide an rlogin if necessary, and/or run builds and email results.

Posted by Arundhati Bhowmick <ar...@hyperreal.org>.

Posted by Michael Krivoruchko <mi...@sun.com>.
"David A. Lee" wrote:

> Unfortunately, SUN documents the -ptr flag as pretty much obsolete ....
> ('may not always work') and discourages it.

Just one more thought... If the problem reported by the linker...
Do you have patch 107311-09 installed? If not - better you install it
and recompile the library.

Misha

Posted by Michael Krivoruchko <mi...@sun.com>.
Hi All,