Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Łukasz Budnik <lu...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/26 14:13:31 UTC

Geronimo 3.0 M1 injecting EJB in web app

Hi guys,

I'm evaluating Geronimo 3.0 M1. I have a small application I'm able to
run without any problems in JBoss 6 and now I'm trying to do the same
in Geronimo 3.0.

Geronimo is not able to inject @EJB into a servlet. Both SLSB and my
serlvet are packaged in war.

I know that M1 is far, far away from (especially the web console -
it's a drama) and my question is: is there some kind of a list of
supported Java EE features in M1?

By looking at the release notes [1] I know that EJB 3.1 is supported
only partially. I take it that the part that is not yet implemented in
deploying EJBs inside war package?

In Geronimo 3.0 repository I don't see jcdi package, I take Java EE 6
events are not yet implemented?

thanks,
Łukasz

[1] http://ftp.tpnet.pl/vol/d1/apache//geronimo/3.0-M1/RELEASE_NOTES-3.0-M1.txt

Re: Geronimo 3.0 M1 injecting EJB in web app

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
Hmm, IIRC, the EJB injection should work in the M1 release, although
it have some bugs in EJB 3.1 integration.
I would suggest to use the latest trunk codes (just update some codes
to try to work around the address binding issue on the building
machine, hopefully a snapshot build could be generated in the next
round), as we got a much better TCK result comparing with M1 release.
JCDI related packages are definitely included in the latest trunk build.

--
Ivan