Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave Newton <DN...@hibbertgroup.com> on 2006/10/11 17:50:03 UTC

[Struts2] Canonical application-based, role-based authentication.

What *is* the canonical way to do app- and role-based authentication
like I used to with a custom RequestProcessor in Struts1?

The way I have it now is via an action param with a csv list of roles
and an interceptor that expects all actions to implement a getter for
that parameter.

I know there's the Acegi route, but I'm already getting yelled at
because they found out Struts2 uses Spring and I was only allowed to use
one new technology :/

I think Acegi might make them cut out their own spleens, but if it's the
"best" option then I'll hand 'em the knife myself.

TIA,
Dave

Re: [Struts2] Canonical application-based, role-based authentication.

Posted by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com>.
Haha, one new library at a time, eh?   Well, this is a common request
that also came up in the presentation I just gave to ApacheCon on
Struts 2.  I think we should come up with a solution.  Please put in a
feature request and mark its fix version as 2.0.2.

Thanks,

Don

Posted by Wesslan <fo...@wesslan.se>.