Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Francois Armand <fa...@linagora.com> on 2008/09/24 16:39:03 UTC

[T5.013/14/15] Re: Updating a zone within a form ?

Hugues Narjoux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to update a zone which is included in a form. Problem is : the
> zone cannot be updated since the elements in the zone (such as checkboxes or
> inputs) cannot find an enclosing t:form when rendering.
>
> Is there a workaround for this ? Another way to do it ?

Hello Hugues,

I encounter exactly the same problem, and I wonder if you found a
solution for it (that seems quite common...) ?

I have a form, and I would to update some data/field in it when some
other data or option are selected. I search with zone, formfragment, but
each time I get a " No object of type
org.apache.tapestry5.services.FormSupport is available from the
Environment. "
So, does somebody ever succeed in something like that ?

Thanks in advance,

--
Francois Armand
Etudes & Développements J2EE

Re: [T5.013/14/15] Re: Updating a zone within a form ?

Posted by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>.
So, no real interest in the community for this?

In general, I find the Zone concept a bit hard to nail down. I have gained
som experience in T5 now, and have made several attempts at making my Zone
demo page work like expected, but I still haven't made it happen. My debug
path so far:

1. Created a zone, and a listener that returned nothing. Made my zone go
blank. Obviously because the listener needs to return the component that
should be displayed in the zone.
2. Put an Any component in the zone, containing one form element. Got the
error described in this thread.
3. Removed form elements in Any component. Works nicely now, with fading and
everything. But no use for me :)

The main impression of T5 so far is that everything I try just works on my
first attempt. Huge difference from struts and earlier versions of Tapestry.
JSPs NEVER work on my first attempt. The zones are the first exception to
this.

Am I supposed to use some other technique for refreshing parts of my form
with XHR when a link is clicked (or some other client side event).
FormFragment is mentioned here, it sounds like the solution to my problem,
but can it be combined with AJAX?

Posted by Hugues Narjoux <hu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Francois,