Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jayme Edwards <an...@execpc.com> on 2000/02/04 22:26:23 UTC

Rmic task in ANT fails under JDK 1.3 RC1

If I try to build tomcat 3.1 M1 or later on Windows 2000 running JDK 1.3 RC1
I get the following error from ant:

BUILD CONFIG ERROR: BUILD CONFIG ERROR: Configuration property "class" does
not have a setMethod in class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Rmic
org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException: Configuration property "class" does not
have a setMethod in class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Rmic
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureTask(ProjectHelper.java:299)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureTasks(ProjectHelper.java:237)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureTargets(ProjectHelper.java:204)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:139)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.exit(Main.java:272)

It's failing on the Rmic registration of AdminImpl in build.xml. I checked
and the source for org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Rmic does indeed include a
setClass method.  Has anyone found a cause for or way around this one?

Jayme Edwards
Rockwell Software
[ http://www.openautomation.com/controlpak ]

Re: Rmic task in ANT fails under JDK 1.3 RC1

Posted by Wong Kok Wai <wo...@pacific.net.sg>.
This is due to changes in introspection in RC1. See ant-dev archives for
details.

Posted by Jayme Edwards <an...@execpc.com>.