Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by David Barrett <db...@quinthar.com> on 2004/10/04 03:52:36 UTC

Does apr_pollset_poll( ... ) block on non-blocking sockets?

Is the function "apr_pollset_poll( )" supposed to block, even on
non-blocking sockets?  I ask because I would like it to, even though it
appears to not.  The docs say this about the function:

	Block for activity on the descriptor(s) in a pollset

Ideally I would like to *not* block when reading or writing, but I *do* want
to block while polling with a timeout.  Am I doing something wrong, or is it
working as designed?

-david