Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Lundquist <ml...@comcast.net> on 2006/07/25 23:45:48 UTC

Compiling classloader

Didn't there used to be a compiling classloader way back in the day,
like, 2.1.4?  Or am I hepped up on goofballs?
—ml—

Re: Compiling classloader

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:
> On 7/26/06, Mark Lundquist <ml...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Didn't there used to be a compiling classloader way back in the day,
>> like, 2.1.4?  Or am I hepped up on goofballs?
>

> There was ...it was a synchronous version that was activated like the
> ParanoidClassLoader. But without proper integration into the
> sitemap/container/component classloading it was only of very limited
> use. We had a better integration in trunk which I demoed at the
> GetTogether. IIRC it was removed and re-added to 2.2. It's
> asynchronous and uses JCI for compilation and source monitoring.

unfortunatly the sitemap reload hasn't been implemented so far, but yes, the
basic infrastructure has been re-added.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Re: Compiling classloader

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
On 7/26/06, Mark Lundquist <ml...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Didn't there used to be a compiling classloader way back in the day,
> like, 2.1.4?  Or am I hepped up on goofballs?

There was ...it was a synchronous version that was activated like the
ParanoidClassLoader. But without proper integration into the
sitemap/container/component classloading it was only of very limited
use. We had a better integration in trunk which I demoed at the
GetTogether. IIRC it was removed and re-added to 2.2. It's
asynchronous and uses JCI for compilation and source monitoring.

HTH
--
Torsten