Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Roger Holtom <rh...@mail1.umt.edu> on 2008/01/03 17:43:23 UTC

SSL enabling Tomcat app

Hi,

I have an Apache server running (2.0.52) that I recently SSL enabled.  Test pages work great with SSL or non-SSL.  We are running a Tomcat app called CAS, for Central Authentication Server.  It runs fine over a non-SSL port.  Now I need to have the Tomcat app secured.  I'd prefer to have Apache do the encryption/decryption, since it is already configured to do so, and just pass the requests to/from the Tomcat app so I don't have to configure SSL on Tomcat.  I'm experimenting with mod_jk to see if that will do what I want, but I'm not having any luck.  Tomcat us 6,0.13 and Java is jre1.6.0_01. Ideally, the Tomcat app would run on 443.  Thanks for any help or links to procedures for doing this!

Roger Holtom
Systems Administrator
University of Montana
Tel: 406-243-2486