Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Aleksei Lukin <lu...@stu.cn.ua> on 2009/11/08 13:24:03 UTC

Jackrabbit OCM after 1.6 status and source?

Hi, Jackrabbit dev!

I've been busy with other project and now back to my old stuff attemting to move to jackrabbit 2.0. And what a surprise, there is no OCM
in trunk. Could please someone explain what happend to OCM and where to find latest OCM sources?
Is OCM project alive?

--
SY, Alex Lukin
RIPE NIC HDL: LEXA1-RIPE

Re: Jackrabbit OCM after 1.6 status and source?

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Aleksei Lukin <lu...@stu.cn.ua> wrote:
> Jukka, please, update web site.

You're patches will be much appreciated. :-)

Seriously, we only have limited amounts of time and effort to spend,
so instead of asking others to do things for you, the best way to get
something done is to contribute it yourself.

I absolutely agree that the web site and our documentation in general
needs quite a bit of more work. If anyone is interested in helping us
out with this, I'd love to assist where needed. The wiki is the
easiest way to get started as you can just start editing it. I'm also
eager to accept suggestions for improvements to the official web site.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Jackrabbit OCM after 1.6 status and source?

Posted by Aleksei Lukin <lu...@stu.cn.ua>.
Hi!

 Marcel, thank you for this link. Thought it is not iformative at all but I finally found OCM trunk using intuition only. :)
SVN repository ULR for OCM now :  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/commons/ocm/
 As usual with Jackrabbit project, web site and documentation is owful an year behind
of real state of development. Nothing on Wiki, nothing on web site. Someone who wants to use jackrabbit components must diig in the
dark matter to find not only documentation but even sources. :)

Jukka, please, update web site. The situation is the same as 3 years ago when I started to develop with Jackrabbit. Such state creates
high entry barrier, completeli artificial, for possible users. May be it is policy to have such barrier? I don't think so.

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.