Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de> on 2003/02/05 02:14:33 UTC

bad karma: OJB performance slow down

Hi all,

since the last version of OJB (0.9.8) I trace the
performance of the CVS version.
Here my results running the 'perfomance2' target
(10 threads handle 2000 objects per thread insert/fetch/delete)

              [sec]          [sec]
date      PB-api    ODMG-api
------------------------------
0.9.8       21,2          53,5
01/20      17,7          42,5
01/25      17,8          40,4
01/31      17,6          41,1
02/04      21,4          42,4

The refactoring made after the 0.9.8 release
boost the PB-api performance about 17%, the
ODMG-api about 21%. After changes made
by Thomas (I suppose) the ODMG performance was
enhanced about 25% compared with the 0.9.8
version. This are great results.

But some of the changes made in the PB-api between
01/31 and today seems to be performance killer!
Decrease the performance of the PB-api on the 0.9.8 level.

Does anybody has an idea how we could find out
the 'bad' lines of code slows down the performance?

regards,
Armin

Re: bad karma: OJB performance slow down

Posted by Sanne de Roever <sa...@newfoundland.nl>.
This profiling tool is free:

http://www.hp.com/products1/unix/java/hpjmeter/index.html

But I don't think it's LGPL.