Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2012/01/12 11:20:57 UTC

Jena Incubation Report - Feb 2012

Jena reports next month (by the 9th).  It probably a good time to do
more than just update the report.  Also, there has been some debate on
general@incubator about reports being a bit weak.

Here's suggestions for content:

Key news for this time:

* We have done a release !!
* Apache website fully live ; redirection from old sites in-place.
* We are discussing graduation.

Important issues to address for graduation:
* Prepare graduation materials.

Issues for the Incubator PMC or ASF Board:
* None.

Plan:
* Graduation preparation
(checking, drafting the scope/charter, resolution, chair, more checking)
* Releases of the TDB, Fuseki, LARQ.

General:
* Some JIRA done (** Action:go count activity in the last 3 months).
[Timing :-) Significant contribution has just arrived - SyBase support
for SDB]

Technical:
(as Jena is an existing codebase, maintenance is going to be a major
part of the technical "plan")

* Final (known) bugs in Transactional TDB eliminated - can go for release
* Think about RDF 1.1

Any thing else to add?
Discuss.

	Andy

Background:
1/ The report template
2/ The November report (^F for "Jena")

   http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/November2011

Re: Jena Incubation Report - Feb 2012

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 23/01/12 01:32, Ross Gardler wrote:
> The issue is that in order to graduate you must have all code IP
> clean. Since you will not have released all code the IPMC may ask
> questions about it. You need to be ready to demonstrate that it is all
> IP clean and that you know how to do a release.
>
> I've observed that less surprises for the IPMC at the time of a vote
> means (sometimes) less noise. So demonstrating that you recognise that
> you have code that has not been released but you have worked to ensure
> it is IP clean might smooth things.
>
> Ross

Less surprises for the IPMC the better.  It's all quite busy for the IPMC.

Of the remaining code:

TDB, Fuseki, SDB are in the main svn area and should be clean.  I tided
up as I want along with all the release related things.

Eyeball isn't in the main area - it may need a bit of cleaning (jars IIRC).

Checking welcome!

	Andy

Re: Jena Incubation Report - Feb 2012

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)

Re: Jena Incubation Report - Feb 2012

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
fine by me.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.

Posted by Ian Dickinson <ia...@epimorphics.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hmm. Not linked from http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/. How Odd.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Reynolds <da...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 2012-01-12 at 10:20 +0000, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> Jena reports next month (by the 9th).  It probably a good time to do
> more than just update the report.

+1

> * Releases of the TDB, Fuseki, LARQ.

Nitpick:  s/the//

> Any thing else to add?

Not that I can think of, we/you already reported completion of IP
cleanup and adding Stephen as a committer last time.

Dave